Wae Rebo is a village in Flores that is still maintain a traditional cone-shaped house while preserving its traditional heritage. Wae Rebo Village Flores Tour is a journey to discover the unique circular cone-shaped housing called Mbaru Niang. It is still exist at Waerebo Village in district Manggarai on Flores island, East nusa Tenggara. Join our Wae Rebo village tour to experience the daily lives in an authentic Manggaraian village nestled in an isolated mountain scenery.
Itinerary Wae Rebo Village Flores
Day 01: Arrival Labuan Bajo – Hotel (-/-/D)
On Arrival at Komodo Airport in Labuan Bajo, you will meet our local guide and then takes you to your Hotel in Labuan Bajo. Overnight at Labuan Bajo
Day 02: Labuan Bajo – Trekking to Wae Rebo (B/L/D)
Breakfast at Hotel. Then our guide takes you towards the heart of the Manggarai region. During the journey, stop at the villages of Lembor to witness the local life and to admire the panoramic views of the surrounding area. Afterwards continue to Dintor where you can start 3-hour trek to Wae Rebo. It is a remarkable Manggarai village and the last authentic traditional Manggarai village.
Wae Rebo village is about 1,100 meters above sea level and some 108 kilometres from labuan Bajo. It nestles in the middle of panoramic mountains and the dense Todo forest that is rich with vegetation. A challenging 7 kilometres trek uphill for adventurous and physically fit, the path can get quite slippery after the rain. During the trek you’ll be rewarded with amazing views of the sea below and perfectly triangular Mount Inerie, as well as diverse jungle foliage and frequent sightings of tropical butterflies, birds and monkeys.
The structures of the Mbaru Niang, seven cone-shaped traditional houses built from bamboo, wood and grass are recognized by UNESCO as a form of living testament to Flores’ history. Immerse yourself in the daily lives of villagers in the village that was built some 100 years ago and discover the specific purpose of the five levels housing. Later in the afternoon, a short trek takes you to a waterfall. Marvel at the amazing natural beauty then return to the village for simple dinner provided. Sleeping mattresses provided for your stay. Overnight at the local village house in Wae Rebo.
Day 03: Wae Rebo – Labuan Bajo (B/L/-)
Enjoy breakfast at the village, then it is time to say goodbye. You start trekking downhill and take a short stop to visit a pristine beach. Then rest and relax at the beach. Afterwards, continue your journey back to Labuan Bajo. Check-in at a hotel and the remainder of the evening is free at your own leisure. Overnight at a hotel in Labuan Bajo
Day 04: Departure Labuan Bajo (B)
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and check out afterwards. At the designated time depending on your flight schedule, proceed directly to Komodo Airport for your onward journey with wonderful memories of your visit.
Our ‘Wae Rebo Village Flores Tour’ includes:
- 1-night basic accommodation in Wae Rebo village
- 2-night accommodation in Labuan Bajo
- Return airport transfer based on private basis in a chauffeured, fully air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide
- Applicable entrance fees and donations
Our ‘Komodo and Wae Rebo Tour’ does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any beverages (juice, soft drinks or any alcoholic beverages)
- Personal expenses such as travel insurance, laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and hotel porterage
- Applicable High Season and Peak season surcharge
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activities that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Good to know
- Suitable for FITs with minimum of 2 persons (price will be adjusted for small group or a group of 10 persons)
- Private basis only (no seat in coach available)
- Operated daily, with 48 hours advanced reservation required (subject to room availability)
- The trekking to Wae Rebo is NOT recommended for children, a reasonable fitness condition is required to enjoy this tour as the trail is steep and can be a bit hard to follow
- The accommodation in the areas of this itinerary are really basic, a spirit of adventure is needed
- The food provided in the rural areas of Flores is local and the choice might at times be limited