This is a combination package tour to discover Wae rebo village and Komodo dragon. Then, you will explore an authentic village Wae Rebo, hiding between Hills and Mountains in Manggarai, West Flores. Actually, Wae Rebo village can only be accessible by walking through the small path and climbing the hill almost 3.5 hours trekking. Wae Rebo trekking is a challenge for the Wanderers while fulfill the lust to spend a night in an old village Wae Rebo.
Then, it is great to combine with Komodo Dragon tour to visit the Lair of the dragon and explore the incredible Oceans. There are many things to see there such as komodo dragons and pristine beaches, hikes and possibly the best diving and snorkeling on earth!
Itinerary of Wae Rebo & Komodo Dragon
Day 1 :Denpasar – Labuanbajo (No Meals)
Upon arrival at Komodo Airport in Labuan Bajo, you will meet our Guide and transfer to your Hotel in Labuan Bajo. Lunch and Dinner at own arrangement. Accommodation in Labuan Bajo.
Day 2 : Labuan Bajo – Wae Rebo Village (B/L/D)
After breakfast, then we drive to Denge Village about 3 hours where you can start your 3 hours trekking to Wae Rebo village. Certainly, Wae Rebo is the Authentic Housing of Manggarai, located about 1100m above sea level, in the middle of mountain. There, you can see traditional houses, with really high roofs and they are on 5 levels – the top four are mainly used for storage and all the living areas are on the bottom. We will stay in a house which built for visitors. Here you have chance to keep in touch with the people and learnt by seeing, asking, and feeling their culture, life and activities. Sleeping mattresses will be provided. Dinner and overnight will be at the local villager’s house.
Day 3: Wae Rebo -Labuanbajo
Breakfast at the Hotel. Then trekking down to Denge village and lunch will be in Denge. And after lunch, we drive to Labuan bajo with some photo stops on the way. Dinner and overnight at Puri Sari beach hotel or similar
Day 4: Labuanbajo – Rinca –Labuanbajo. (B/L/D)
Breakfast at Puri sari Beach Hotel. Then transfer to the pier of Labuan Bajo. And then we cross to Rinca island by local wooden Boat for two hours. Then, Trekking on Rinca Island which starts from the ticket office at Loh Buaya to Waewaso for about 2 hours. It is the best opportunity to see dragons and their prey. And we will pass the dragon nests and out into the sunshine across an exposed savannah that is studded with lontar palms. And a permanent waterhole in Waewaso, across steep, exposed slopes that offer breathtaking views. Then return to your boat and proceed to Bidadari island or Kelor island for swimming, snorkeling or relaxing. In the afternoon we will sail back to Labuan Bajo. Overnight and Dinner at Puri Sari beach hotel.
Day 5: Labuanbajo- Denpasar. (B/-/-)
In the morning free program at your hotel. And at appropriate time, we will transfer to the airport for the next destinations.
Our ‘Wae Rebo and Komodo Dragon Tour’ includes:
- 1-night basic accommodation in Wae Rebo village
- 2-night accommodation in Labuan Bajo
- Return airport transfer based on private basis in a chauffeured, fully air-conditioned vehicle
- 1-night stay on a local wooden boat based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Boat trips based on private basis with activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide
- Complete snorkeling gear
- Applicable entrance fee and ranger fee at Komodo National Park
- Applicable entrance fees and donations
Our ‘Wae Rebo and Komodo Dragon Tour’ does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any beverages (juice, soft drinks or any alcoholic beverages)
- Personal expenses such as travel insurance or laundry, telephone call, room service and mini bar
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and hotel porterage
- Applicable High Season and Peak season surcharge
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activities that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Good to know
- Suitable for FITs with minimum of 2 persons
- Private basis only (no seat in coach available)
- The trekking to Wae Rebo is NOT for children, a reasonable fitness condition is required to enjoy this tour as the trail is steep and can be a bit hard to follow
- The accommodation in the areas of this itinerary are really basic, a spirit of adventure is needed
- The food provided in the rural areas of Flores is local and the choice might at times be limited