Tour to Kelimutu lake is a MUST when you visit Flores island Indonesia. Kelimutu Lake is a highlight of Flores island tour. Its size obviously does not matter much when it offers one of the most spectacular wonders that nature has to offer.
There are three lakes on the mountain sharing the same name, Kelimutu, meaning ‘the boiling lake’. Each has its own colors and a local name. But all are believed to be the resting place of departed souls. The area of the three lakes is around 1,051,000 square meters with a water volume of 1,292 million cubic meters. The boundary between lakes is a narrow stone wall that is prone to landslides. This wall is very steep with a slope angle of 70 degrees. The height of the lake wall ranges from 50 to 150 meters.
Itinerary Kelimutu lake tour
Day 01 : Arrival Ende – Moni (-/L/D)
Pick up at Ende airport then get on the car to start the tour Flores island but go to have Lunch on the local restaurant with Indonesian food .
After lunch continue the tour to Detusoko village to see local people activities on the rice field and and farm of plantation. And also see people sale fruits on the fruits market, you can try some fruits and bring some to your eat on the hotel in Moni. From fruits market drive to Moni hotel to check in at Kelimutu Eco lodge with hot water shower. Dinner at the local restaurant and go back to the hotel for overnight
Day 02 : Moni – Kelimutu – Ende – Denpasar (B/L/-)
04.30 Am drive up to Kelimutu lake to catch sun rise on top of Kelimutu lake , stay on the top up to 07.30 am then back to the car to drive back to Moni hotel and get breakfast before check out time and continue drive to Ende, to catch the flight to the next Destination. Lunch at the local restaurant.
Our ‘Kelimutu Lake Tour’ includes:
- 1-night accommodation in Moni Ecolodge
- Return airport transfer based on private basis in a chauffeured, fully air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide
- Applicable entrance fees and donations
Our ‘Kelimutu Lake Tour’ does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any beverages (juice, soft drinks or any alcoholic beverages)
- Personal expenses such as travel insurance, laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and hotel porterage
- Applicable High Season and Peak season surcharge
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activities that are not mentioned in the itinerary